Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Claushingebjerg 936 posts 2571 karma points
    Oct 22, 2010 @ 13:11
    Claushingebjerg

Language version as a subdirectory

im sure this is really simple, but i cant get it to work...

i have two language versions of my site.

Each version resides as a root node.

I want the main site to have the base url www.mysite.com

i want the alternative language version to have the base url www.mysite.dk/dk

I have added www.mysite.com and www.mysite.com/dk as hostnames to the two sites.

When looking at the urls listed on a random page's properties pane, the url looks right, but the page doesnt display on the url... i simply get an error

Am i missing a setting somewhere?

• Nico Lubbers 151 posts 175 karma points
    Oct 22, 2010 @ 23:01
    Nico Lubbers

Could you give a bit more info like:

What exactly is the error? 404? I guess you allready tried to remove the umbraco.config and republish all?

You say that you added the hostnames to the site. Do you mean IIS only? Or did you map the hostname with the correct language to the language-node as well?

You are running without the .aspx extension? Are you running IIS7? Do you pass every request to .net (check <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"> in the web.config and the umbracoUseDirectoryUrls in the web.config

Oct 23, 2010 @ 11:06
    Claushingebjerg

I will try to elborate as best i can. im a not very technical front end guy.

• I think it is a 404. Ive installed the .net hotfix on the site, which results in the same page for every error, but setting customerrors to off in webconfig doesnt give a .net error in the frontend, which leads me to think its a 404
    • I dont really understand the "remove umbracosettings.config" that makes the site crash... i have republished entire site numerous times
    • No, i've mapped them both to the site nodes inside umbraco with english and danish as the languages (mysite.com and mysite.com/dk). mysite.com is mapped i iis
    • Im not running without .aspx extension
    • im running on ii6 on win 2003
    • runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests is set to "true"
    • umbracoUseDirectoryUrls is set to "false"

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 23, 2010 @ 11:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Have you removed the umbracosetting.config? Sure it's not the umbraco.config you have removed? Removing the other would probably brake a thing or two...:)

How is the alternative site setup within IIS? I think it's been mapped correctly in Umbraco but maybe you need to treat the alternative site as a subfolder, somehow?

/Jan

• Eduardo 106 posts 130 karma points
    Oct 23, 2010 @ 17:46
    Eduardo

Hi Claushing,

Is this the message that you get?: "An error occurred while processing your request."

Regards,
    Eduardo

Oct 25, 2010 @ 11:28
    Claushingebjerg

for now ive done it in a subdomain, that works al least... dk.mysite.com, but im gonna try it again later.

@Eduardo: yes that the error

• Eduardo 106 posts 130 karma points
    Oct 25, 2010 @ 11:38
    Eduardo

Hi Claushin,

The problem is that umbraco(after being patched for the security vulnerability) is looking for a "Page Not Found" URL that cannot be found.

Open Web.Config:

<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="~/umbraco/plugins/poetpatcher/CustomError.aspx" redirectMode="ResponseRewrite" />

Set the 'defaultRedirect' variable to a well known URL. Mode variable must be set to 'On'

I recommend you to create a document node for 404 errors.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Eduardo

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft