Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Oct 29, 2010 @ 23:00
    Mike Chambers

umb 4.5.2 stylesheet create style for use in richtexteditor and overloaded db read queries...

umb 4.5.2, iis7, mssql 2008, .net3.5

We have a problem where by adding the styles for use in the richtexteditor style drop down box results in massive amounts of read queries to the database which means editcontent.aspx can take > 1min to load.

the sql queries appear to be of the form

exec sp_executesql N'SELECT id, createDate, trashed, parentId, nodeObjectType, nodeUser, level, path, sortOrder, uniqueID, text FROM umbracoNode WHERE id = @id',N'@id int',@id=1240

where id 1240 applies a CMSpropertytype...

we have only added ~30 styles to be used... this didn't really show on a dedicated mssql during development although now looking at it there is a noticable slow down as you add more and more styles, but moving to our medium trust hosting provider really shows the slow down and their sysops pointed to the huge amount of reads going on.... (they intimated 1000's for each single page request for a content page....)

Deleting all the styles associated has completely removed the slow down... So I presume that there is a problem in the code when it reads in the styles from the database and it is calling a loop too many times????

Any help much appreciated....

• smercer 39 posts 67 karma points
    Mar 06, 2011 @ 21:41
    smercer

also experiencing this...ugh

anybody else come accross this?

• smercer 39 posts 67 karma points
    Mar 07, 2011 @ 05:15
    smercer

In my case it is taking around 17sec for tinyMCE to load the CSS styles (about 10) that are configured via the CMS settings section for the styles menu.

As a work around, I removed the CMS specified styles via the settings section and switched to a config driven option that I found while browsing around the forums. Now my back-end is a snappy as can be. A little disappointing but I'm glad to be past this!

Here is what the new config looks like (added to /config/tinyMCEConfig.config):

<config key="theme_umbraco_styles">Paragraph=p;Heading 2=h2;Heading 3=h3;Heading 4=h4;Link=a;Content=.content;Section=.section;Column=.col;Bullet List=.bullet-list;Bullet Item=.bullet-list li;</config>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft