Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Touhid 97 posts 117 karma points
    Nov 03, 2010 @ 08:14
    Touhid

multi country/multi language website

hi,

im very new in umbraco. i need to create multiple language supported website in umbraco. but i have already done to create two language(danish and english) and two content for those country.

now, what are the next step? i dont know. can any one help me?

touhid

• Happyfanaticsalsero 59 posts 81 karma points
    Nov 03, 2010 @ 08:24
    Happyfanaticsalsero

Hi Touhid,

I suggest you read some more over here: http://www.nibble.be/?p=32

Kind regards,

HFS

Nov 03, 2010 @ 08:26
    Happyfanaticsalsero

Former post is all about how to set up a selector... I figured you already know how to set up multilingual nodes?

Otherwise I would suggest you take the training video (subscription required) at Umbraco TV. That points all the necessary steps in a tutorial.

Nov 03, 2010 @ 08:46
    Touhid

tnks for reply. there is an error when i add xslt file. can you give me any code or solution that type of error. my code is-

Given error is:

Error occured

[xsltErrorNoNodesPublished]

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
     version="1.0"
     xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
     xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
     xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets"
     exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets ">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>

<xsl:template match="/">

<!-- start writing XSLT -->
    <form>
    <select name=”langselection” onchange=”loadPage(this.form.elements[0])” target=”_parent._top” >
    <option selected=”selected”>– Please select –</option>  
    <xsl:for-each select=”$currentPage/ancestor::root/node”>                 
    <option value=”{umbraco.library:NiceUrl(@id)}”><xsl:value-of select=”data [@alias = ‘language’]”/>
    </option>          
     </xsl:for-each></select>
    </form>
    <script language=“JavaScript”> function loadPage(list) {   location.href=list.options[list.selectedIndex].value } </script>
    </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Nov 03, 2010 @ 08:53
    Happyfanaticsalsero

Hi,

either you actually don't have nodes published at all - in that case make sure to publish them;

or you have another problem you might solve by republishing your nodes - right click on the content top node and choose republish entire site.

Otherwise you'll have to give the community a bit more information about how you've set up your site (as multilingual sites come in so many different ways).

/HFS

Nov 03, 2010 @ 08:55
    Happyfanaticsalsero

Also, would be nice to know your umbraco version, .NET version and IIS version + what kind of SQL you're running. That's always useful to capture the general idea of what kind of site you're running.

Nov 03, 2010 @ 09:04
    Happyfanaticsalsero

And of course, make sure to take proper use of the "manage hostnames" on your different homepages - I'm guessing you've set it up like that?

I.e.:

Danish home

- subpages

English home

- subpages

-> right click on the homepage nodes and set up the hostnames correctly (depending on your choices).

Nov 03, 2010 @ 09:06
    Happyfanaticsalsero

If you have a subscription to Umbraco TV, check out the Running multiple web sites (http://umbraco.org/help-and-support/video-tutorials/umbraco-fundamentals).

Nov 03, 2010 @ 09:36
    Touhid

umbraco tv is completed to set a domain and edit content. so how can i add a  doamin and edit content. pls help me

can u tel me what is my domain respect to your domain?

touhid

Nov 03, 2010 @ 09:46
    Happyfanaticsalsero

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you'd like me to guide you through the steps of pointing your domains towards your web site... I can help you a bit bit it's also down to your hosting and DNS hosting.

1. make sure your domain's DNS nameservers are pointing towards your hosting provider; if working locally you need to make sure to use localhost (IIS) or localhost and a port (if using Cassini)

2. make sure your IIS settings are accepting the domain as an alias for your main domain (under which you installed the site), depending on your IIS this might be different; depending on your hosting provider and its panel (plesk, dotnetpanel/websitepanel etc) that can also be done in different ways through the panel.

3. log in to your umbraco backend (yourdomain.com/umbraco/umbraco.aspx -> redirect to login -> successful login then redirect to backend)

3. In the backend, do as umbraco TV shows: right click on your nodes and change the host headers etc for the respective languages. To change content, right click on the home nodes to add nodes. (I expect you've set up Runway so you have some basic document types like the runway text page etc?)

Nov 03, 2010 @ 10:58
    Touhid

Hi i have done the foolowing step

First: in content section i have add two website-

content:

English Website

--page 1

-page 2 etc

Danish Website

--page 1

-page 2 etc

Second:

in setting section i add two language

Language:

English(united states)

Danish(Denmark)

now you can tell me how can i do finish the remaining part if you dont mind. pls

touhid

Nov 03, 2010 @ 11:01
    Happyfanaticsalsero

right click on English website, choose "host headers"; add the domain names in there for your English site (can be www.yourdomain.com/en; or en.yourdomain.com etc); do the same for the Danish website node and add the domain names for the Danish site.

Nov 03, 2010 @ 11:02
    Happyfanaticsalsero

(That is, if you're sure these domains / subdomain are actually pointing towards your hosting and that IIS is set up correctly.)

Nov 03, 2010 @ 11:19
    Touhid

thnks for reply. i have done following way:-

Right click on english website then click on the manage hostnames and then add domain like as-

www.admiralbd.com/English; here English is my home page.

then selct the english language from dropdown.

Similary for danish. now waht can i do ?

Nov 03, 2010 @ 11:30
    Happyfanaticsalsero

If your DNS is set up right, IIS points the domain towards the umbraco website as well, then going to the URL yourdomain.com/English should indeed bring up the English home page. If not, please post what error you get when browsing to that page.

Nov 03, 2010 @ 11:33
    Happyfanaticsalsero

Choosing Danish in the selector should redirect you to yourdomain.com/Danish.

Nov 03, 2010 @ 11:35
    Touhid

ok, now im testing then informed you.

Nov 03, 2010 @ 11:44
    Touhid

sory. when i click or browse  http://www.admiralbd.com/danis  it shows the following error:h

What you can try:

Diagnose connection problems

What you can try:

More information More information

More informationn

so what i can i do ?

More information

What you can try:

More information More information

Nov 03, 2010 @ 11:49
    Happyfanaticsalsero

I think this means you're having DNS problems. Some things you can check:

- use a public whois to make sure you own the domain and the public whois mentions the correct nameservers

- check on your nameservers or via some online tools whether the nameservers point towards the IP of your hosting

- make sure your hosting has IIS set up correctly to accept the incoming requests for your site (domain and all aliases / subdomains)

As far as I can make out from here, the domain name (as you type it above) has not been registered (yet?). If that's the case, please buy the domain through your normal DNS reseller.

Nov 03, 2010 @ 11:51
    Happyfanaticsalsero

(NB: once you buy a domain, nameservers are set up and pointing to the correct IP of your hosting, it can still take up to 24 hours for your website to show up. That's why some hosting companies offer some temporary URLs to watch your site - the panel "websitepanel" does this by default I believe.)

Nov 03, 2010 @ 12:37
    Touhid

sory, my domain name has not been registered. in this case is there any option then how can i browse the website?

Nov 03, 2010 @ 13:00
    Happyfanaticsalsero

If your hosting allows a temporary url, use one of those.

For example in dotnetpanel, you can create a temporary url for a website quite easily on your domain.

On your localhost, you can do this as well:

--> iis: depends a bit on your version and haven't done this on a local site yet. I would set up two virtual paths towards the same physical path and add the virtual paths in the host headers of the umbraco installation.

-> cassini: not tried yet but should be possible too. There I think you'll have localhost on both but with different ports. You'll probably have to add two new sites on cassini for that. Not sure whether cassini can handle this too well, though.

Nov 03, 2010 @ 13:03
    Happyfanaticsalsero

Oh, another thing: I'm not sure about the behavior of the language selector on your local site. It might just do the correct trick, but how well localhost IIS or cassini will handle these request I don't know.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft