Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Nov 04, 2010 @ 01:20
    Mike Chambers

Rackspace cloud - moving a document in the umbraco admin can take > 2mins!

All work fine in our dev set up that has the modified medium trust that rackspace insists for cloud sites.

However, when we move to the cloud environment some actions like moving documents in the tree hierarchy take an inordinate amount of time... anyone any ideas????

Could it be due to the clustered environment?

• Happyfanaticsalsero 59 posts 81 karma points
    Nov 04, 2010 @ 09:10
    Happyfanaticsalsero

How many nodes do you have when you move documents? It can take a bit longer if you've got more of 'em.

If your hosting is normal shared web hosting, then these actions should not take more than "some" seconds.

I haven't tried umbraco on azure yet - if that would be what you're using - so I'll leave it to others to comment.

/HFS

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Nov 04, 2010 @ 10:14
    Mike Chambers

Only 20 or so documents.... :-( and it's www.rackspacecloud.com - cloud sites.

It's actually quite intermittentent some saves are seconds  then the next one would be minutes... with no pattern.

• Happyfanaticsalsero 59 posts 81 karma points
    Nov 04, 2010 @ 10:41
    Happyfanaticsalsero

I've seen your other post so I gather you're trying the highly available clustered scenario. I'm afraid that's not my cup of tea - and it seems your problem might indeed be related to how you've set that up.

Sorry - I hope some other member of the community with more experience in that area might help you out

/HFS

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft