Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ken Mark 82 posts 94 karma points
    Nov 22, 2010 @ 14:27
    Ken Mark

Dictionary Items

Hello all

As you all know you'll find the dictionary items under the Settings section. This is not great cause often only the developer has access to this section. So, before I start to do a package or something it would be nice with some input from the community!

• Is there a solution/package for export/import?
    • Can I allow acces only to the dictionary part and not the whole Settings section?
    • How do you other guys solve this now?

Thanks!

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Nov 22, 2010 @ 15:24
    Matt Brailsford

Hey Kenneth,

I can't say I've tested this, but you should be able to move the dictionary app tree to another section by modifying the appAlias column in the umbracoAppTree table. If like most setups though, your client only has access to content / media, you may want to look at creating a custom section, and moving it over to that section and just enabling acceess to that section aswell.

You can find an example of creating a custom section here:

http://www.geckonewmedia.com/blog/2009/8/3/how-to-create-a-custom-section-in-umbraco-4

Matt

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 22, 2010 @ 23:48
    Tim

What Matt said. I think you can just copy the row for the Dictionary tree and add that to a custom section too, so that it's still in the developer section as well as the custom section.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 23, 2011 @ 11:19
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

I've created a package which will create a section in which you can only edit dictionary items: Digibiz Dictionary Section.

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft