Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nate 143 posts 184 karma points
    Nov 25, 2010 @ 22:25
    Nate

Simple Subscription E-commerce for Umbraco?

I want to step up some simple e-commerce on my site.  Users have two options, pay a $10 a month subscription and a $20 a month subscription.

Subscriptions give you access to the site.

Is super simple webshop the best for this?  What other options do I have?  Has anyone done this before and can give some advice?

Thanks!

Nate

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 04:25
    Barry Fogarty

I'm not aware of any package that offers this.

Paypal offer subscription payments, you could set up subscriptions in your paypal account and embed "Subscribe Now" buttons on your site - after the user created their account.

In order to automate the process, you would need to create a script that processed the return post from paypal to assign the user to a member group with the required level of site access.  However you you could do this manually once you received the email if you wanted to keep it simple.

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 08:22
    Paul Blair

I wouldn't think an e-Commerce product is what you are after - these are generally set up to sell products but won't prevent access to protected areas of the site. It sounds more like you will need to build a custom membership package witha subscription component to it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft