Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kris Anderson 12 posts 32 karma points
    Dec 23, 2010 @ 02:57
    Kris Anderson

How do I link Blog4Umbraco to my main navigation?

Hey everyone,

New Umbraco user here and have been playing with it all day. Finally got it running on my Windows 7 test machine and got to spend some time learning the ins and outs of how it all works.

I installed Umbraco without the Runway package, but instead installed the Koiak Standard Site 1.1 package as that was more full featured than Runway and really gets into some of the meat of Umbraco.

So that is up and running without issues. I've been using BlogEngine.net for my blog, but I really want something integegrated into my CMS. So I decided to give Blog 4 Umbraco a shot. It's not as full featured as BlogEngine.net, but I think it will suite my uses just fine for now.

So I installed that package and everything is working... but I can't seem to figure out how to get "Blog" listed in the main navigation area at the top of the page.

My folder/file structure under the content area of umbraco shows:

Content
         Home
         Blog
    Recycle Bin

Home contains all the files from my Koiak Standard Site install. Blog contains all the files from Blog 4 Umbraco. But if I click on "Home" and go to the navigation tab, it won't allow me to select my blog folder (since it's not within the "Home" directory).

So how to I add the blog to my regular navigation? Is there a way to add the Blog folder within the Home directory? Or is it best to keep these two things seperate?

One more question too... what's the reasoning for having the Blog folder installed outside of the Home folder? It looks like the system is designed to have multiple folders/projects installed under the Content section... I'm just not sure why everything isn't installed under the Home folder.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft