Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nikolaj Dam Larsen 10 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 10, 2011 @ 20:09
    Nikolaj Dam Larsen

Content lost due to login timeout

I have been working on the content in a richtextarea for a while, but when I saved the document, the login session had timed out and I was asked to log in again. I logged in, but my changes in the richtextarea wasn't committed and my content was lost.

I'm asking if there is anyway to retrive my work from a cache or cookie, saved when the session timed out. I wouldn't want to redo all my work, as there was a lot of textual content I would have to try and remember and rewrite. 

This might also be a suggestion for future development - autosaving, or at least save the state of the session before asking for re-login, and then enabling to commit lost work when ever the user logs in again.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 10, 2011 @ 20:20
    Dirk De Grave

Afraid you'll have to re-do some stuff... According to http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/19653, it's still a feature which hasn't made it in any of the releases...

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Kevon K. Hayes 255 posts 281 karma points
    Jan 10, 2011 @ 20:48
    Kevon K. Hayes

Unfortunately, that didnt work either.

Jan 10, 2011 @ 21:07
    Nikolaj Dam Larsen

Oh well, guess I'll just have to get back to work and learn to save more often. 

I'll look forward to the day it is implemented. It's a nice safety precaution and as far as my programming knowledge is concerned, shouldn't be too hard to implement. 

Jan 11, 2011 @ 01:57
    Nikolaj Dam Larsen

Just did the very same thing a second time around with the same paragraph of text :-P This need to be implemented soon, so forgetsome people like me wont suffer :-)

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 11, 2011 @ 09:30
    Sebastiaan Janssen

It is being worked on for the 4.6 version of Umbraco.. a little more patience! :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft