Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mots 44 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 13, 2011 @ 18:23
    mots

Select Flash file from Media section

Hi,

I just discovered the 'Insert/edit embedded media' option for the richtext editor and its great.

The only thing is, in the 'File/URL' text field in the insert dialog window that pops up for this, is there any way to select a flash file that you may have uploaded into the media library?

Currently I have to add my flash file in the media library, copy the URL of this file, and then paste it into that text field. It works fine but its just a bit of a long process.

It would be nice if the user is able to directly select a media file from the embedded media dialog. Is there a better way to do the above process?

Thank.

• Shaun Smith 35 posts 61 karma points
    Jan 13, 2011 @ 22:03
    Shaun Smith

Personally, I only add files(images) I’m going to use on the master page in the “Media” Section.

Go to your document types (the page you want your flash file on) and add a property to the content tab or something, make it of the Upload Type (See images). Notice the alias “video”.

Now you can add a flash file to your post, by uploading a .swf file in the content section (instead of having to go to the media section).

now you need to get it to appear on the page at runtime;

Go to your pages template and add these lines of code:

<embed src='<umbraco:Item field="video" runat="server"></umbraco:Item>' width="550" height="400">

(Change the “field=’video’” to you own personal alias that I noted earlier).

You can learn this and a lot more at the following address:

http://umbraco.tv/help-and-support/video-tutorials/introduction-to-umbraco

Whoopah! Answer number 1!

...where's my medal?

Jan 14, 2011 @ 10:17
    mots

Thats a really good idea. But I was wondering if theres an easier way (similar to your upload file suggestion) to upload flash files within a richtext editor.

Because I have a generic template used on most of the website which just contains a richtext editor field, where the user can enter whatever they like to populate the page. And on some pages they would like to insert flash files before some text and after some text.

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    Jan 18, 2011 @ 17:38
    Lachlann

Hey Mots,

is this what you are looking for:

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/insert-flash

L

Jan 18, 2011 @ 17:40
    mots

Yeah I found that over the weekend and does exactly what I needed. Thanks for the suggestion.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft