Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Madden 252 posts 454 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 12:11
    Tom Madden

urlReplacing not working for quote character in 4.5.2, or is it just me?

Has anyone else found this problem?

When I create a page with a single quote character in the name, Umbraco doesn't strip out that character and I end up with a page that can't be lionked to in the RTE?

I checked the umbracoSettings.config file and " is listed in the urlReplacing section. I also tried adding the character inself as opposed to the entity, as in ' but I can still create pages with the single quote in the node name.

TIA
    Tom

• Matt Brailsford 4123 posts 22194 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 12:32
    Matt Brailsford

Hey Tom,

Sounds like you are doing the right thing by adding additional rules in the umbracoSettings.config, I think it's just a case of getting the right character. " is actually a double quote, so you may want to add an entry for ' or ' for single quotes ( ' usually does it for me).

Also, when you make changes, you need to make sure you republish your page, as this is when the URL name is generated.

Matt

Jan 19, 2011 @ 12:58
    Tom Madden

Matt,

Doh! obviously typing faster than I can think this morning, however the problem's still there.

I already tried an entry for ' and I've now changed this to ' and I'm still getting the same problem. I've removed the quote manually, published the page, then added it back in and published again and it still gets added.

I've taken it out manually, but think it's something clients might struggle to remember to do.

Tom

Jan 19, 2011 @ 13:05
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Tom,

I'd probably add both just to be on the safe side, but also look to add rules for curly single quotes too. You can get the different html encoded values from here:

http://www.utexas.edu/learn/html/spchar.html

I'd look to also add right and left single curly quotes just in case then try again.

Matt

Jan 19, 2011 @ 13:17
    Tom Madden

Thanks Matt,

It's definitely a straight single quote in this case because I typed it myself. If you type a single quote into the name of a page in a 4.5.2 site, does the single quote get removed okay?

Tom

Jan 19, 2011 @ 13:20
    Matt Brailsford

Hey Tom,

Yea, I use it all the time, it's one of the first rules I setup.

<char org="'"></char>

I'd say double check you republish the page, and maybe restart your app pool just for good measure.

Matt

Jan 19, 2011 @ 23:02
    Tom Madden

Matt,

I republished the entire site and restarted the app pool and it's sorted the file name, thanks for your input.

Unfortunately I can't link to the page using the RTE because of the single quote, but that's been resolved in the latest changeset as per this item on Codeplex.

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29904

Jan 20, 2011 @ 09:26
    Matt Brailsford

Hey Tom,

Ahhh, I wasn't aware of that RTE issue, so nice digging. Glad I could help in some way though.

Matt

• Doug Mackay 56 posts 155 karma points
    Jan 22, 2011 @ 03:58
    Doug Mackay

I've posted about the RTE issue here.

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29904 has been marked as closed with the comment 'Appears to be fixed in latest changeset' however the affected file hasn't been modified for 6 months - latest changeset has same issue. I've posted a fix in the other thread and the codeplex ticket - hopefully it will get picked up before 4.6.2 next week.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft