Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eugene 17 posts 38 karma points
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 16:01
    Eugene

Pasting HTML Code in Umbraco

Hello, Our company signed up with LivePerson, so that we can try to capture leads better. To enable it fully, I have to paste two code snippets on each page of the website. One of the snippets is for the click-to-chat button and the other is for the analytics portion.

I went into Umbraco and clicked on the html button on various pages, but I don’t think that is what I’m looking for or where I should be pasting it. How do I get to the actual source code where the code snippets would go on each page?

Thanks in advance.

Eugene

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 16:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eugene

You should go to the "Settings" section and select "Templates" to see the templates on your site.

Then you need to find out, which page is the master page, from which the other pages inherit.

Your master page is probably called something with "Master" and it should contain <body><!-- html content and asp.net placeholder here--></body>

It's in that page you should paste your code into.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jan 20, 2011 @ 16:15
    Eugene

Thanks, Jan. I am unable to find the "settings" section to begin with. Where can this be found?

Eugene

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 16:32
    Seth Niemuth

The 'Settings' section is in the bottom left (Content, Media, Users, Settings). However, it is possible that you do not have access to the 'Settings' section and your administrator would either need to give you access or do it themselves.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 18:52
    Kim Andersen

Hi Eugene.

As Jan and Seth says you can find the templates in the Setings section (maybe it's hidden for your user like Seth menitons).

But actually you can also find the code in the file system if you have the access to this. You can find the templates under the /masterpages-folder.

/Kim A

Jan 22, 2011 @ 04:10
    Eugene

Hi all,

Thanks for the help. I didn't have access to the settings and templates section. Once I was provided access, I was able to paste in the code successfully.

Regards,

Eugene

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 22, 2011 @ 09:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eugene

I'm happy to hear that you got your problem solved

It's easy to get confused when you don't have access to everything and we're talking like "it's just a matter of..." :-) But now you know a little more about Umbraco and that's great. If you need to modify code in the templates another time I think you should follow the suggestion of Kim if you have access to the folders on the server.

By editing the masperpages outside Umbraco you get the benefit that you can use any code editor you like, which can be a win sometimes.

/Jan

PS: Please remember to mark you post as solved :-)

Jan 22, 2011 @ 18:03
    Eugene

Thanks for the tip, Jan and for telling me to mark my post as solved. I didn't realize I have to do that :)

Eugene

Jan 22, 2011 @ 18:07
    Eugene

Silly question - how do I mark it solved?

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 22, 2011 @ 20:02
    Kim Andersen

Hi Eugene

To mark an answer as the solution, you can click the green 'tick'-icon under the name of the user with the correct answer.

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft