Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• chris 69 posts 92 karma points
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 18:14
    chris

SiteMapProvider Error in Log

I've been seeing a lot of this error from the log. <site name here> is the actual site's fqdn. I'm not sure what's causing this since everything seems to be working. I do have several nodes under the server, one is public and couple nodes are intranet, each with their own hostnames. I'm using Win08 R2 x64 and Umbraco 4.0.4.2, running in integrated pipeline. Has anyone seen something like this?

Error adding to SiteMapProvider: System.Web.HttpException: <site name here> is not a valid virtual path. at System.Web.Util.UrlPath.CheckValidVirtualPath(String path) at System.Web.Util.UrlPath.Combine(String appPath, String basepath, String relative) at System.Web.StaticSiteMapProvider.AddNode(SiteMapNode node, SiteMapNode parentNode) at umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider.loadNodes(String parentId, SiteMapNode parentNode) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\nodeFactory\UmbracoSiteMapProvider.cs:line 129 

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 18:55
    Sebastiaan Janssen

If you're not actually using the sitemap provider, then I really wouldn't worry about it. The sitemap provider doesn't seem to be very stable.

You could just remove the sitemap provider entry from the web.config, that way you won't get these errors any more, remove the line that looks like this:

<siteMap defaultProvider="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 20:12
    chris

I have couple xslt that shows breadcrumb and list of pages on the site. Will disabling it interfere with these xslt?

Jan 24, 2011 @ 20:49
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Not at all, the sitemap provider is something you'd consiously use from .net usercontrols/code, not in XSLT.

• David 57 posts 80 karma points
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 21:50
    David

So I use the CultivSearchEngineSitemap stuff in my implementation of umbraco.  Will disabling this have any bearance on that?

Jan 24, 2011 @ 21:51
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Not at all, that package is pure XSLT! :)

Jan 24, 2011 @ 22:28
    chris

Thanks, I've disabled it, I'll wait and see if the error shows up again.

Jan 25, 2011 @ 17:47
    chris

Do you know if disabling the sitemap provider causes the inability to publish content? When I created a doc and publish it, I get the error that the sitemap provider is disabled, so cannot publish.

Jan 25, 2011 @ 17:49
    Sebastiaan Janssen

That's probably because you set enabled to false, you have to actually remove/comment out the provider in the web.config.

Jan 26, 2011 @ 02:07
    chris

ahh yes, I thought disabling it will be fine. I just commented it out, and now it seems to be working. Thanks Sebastiaan.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft