Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shannon 148 posts 171 karma points
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 19:28
    Shannon

Umbraco 4.6. Can not crate file in Media Section. "No Document exists with Version "

I listed out the installed packages I have just in case I installed something that would cause this conflict but everything else is unaltered.

When I go to create a file or folder in the media section, I get the following error:

At /umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=2ff1d740390747b1bb041eac478be535&id=-1&treeType=media&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&rnd2=14.4 (Referred by: http://umbraco/umbraco/umbraco.aspx):

Then when I go to that URL, I get

No Document exists with Version 'blah blah blah'

Has anyone seen this before?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 21:25
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Wow.. 57 installed packages?! So ehm.. after installing which package did Umbraco stop working? Try to isolate the packages that work with the media section. Also, try to get a better error message, either from the umbracoLog table or the windows event log

Jan 24, 2011 @ 21:29
    Shannon

Nevermind.. I found it. Icon Picker was the issue. Uninstalled it and everything worked fine.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 21:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shannon

Yeah...I've seen the error before.

But with 57 packages in your installation it's very difficult to pinpoint where things could go wrong. It's hard to know if one or more of the packages conflict with each other.

Did this error just start to occur without the addition of the latest installed package? What I'm trying to ask is if the site has been working properly over a long period of time with all packages installed before you encountered this error?

I don't think that installaing the packages one by one to see if there are any conflicts is a task that anyone would like to do...So maybe it's easier to see if things started to fail with the latest or the 5 latest added packages perhaps...It's like a needle in a haystack really...

Have you perhaps added some custom code that could cause it?

I know that this is a bit of a vague answer but it's really hard to know where to begin...so if you can ellaborate a bit more maybe there is a chance of succeeding...but I think this could take some time.

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 21:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shannon

Obviously I'm too slow! But happy to see that you got it working again. Could really have been a tough one! :-)

/Jan

Jan 24, 2011 @ 21:37
    Shannon

Nahh.. its cool I was fearful I would have to rebuild everything

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft