Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• nelsenlim 70 posts 71 karma points
    Jan 31, 2011 @ 03:22
    nelsenlim

umbraco user disable

Hi the context menu Disable in umbraco, when i disable it, how do i enable it back?
    I tried doing an SQL Update as well to table umbracoUser column userDisabled but did not work as well, it does not show up in the users list

Is this a bug? i am using umbraco 4.5.2

Thank u

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Jan 31, 2011 @ 04:01
    Jonas Eriksson

Hi! I think you might need to restart the app (touch web.config for example) for Umbaco to reload the status of the user.

Jan 31, 2011 @ 07:05
    nelsenlim

Thanks a lot, that worked.

1. So there is no way to enable user rather than running SQL Query?
    2. Also can a user change his "own" password without having access to "Users" area cause i only want that user to manage Content and Media.
    3. Is there a forgot password link for user when they are trying to login? or that needs to be customly coded?

Thank u

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Jan 31, 2011 @ 09:39
    Jonas Eriksson

Yes, I think unfortunately you are right so - due to current limitations. Creating a custom dashboard control should be the best option I guess. There is one that lets an admin user to change password, perhaps you could just move it to another section (wild guess).

Other than that I'd advice you to look for current feature requests on umbraco.codeplex.com - or add your own if there's no existing (I did not find any on a quick search just now).

Regards

Jonas

Feb 04, 2011 @ 03:24
    nelsenlim

Hi, turns out in umbraco 4.6.1 there is already an Edit Password section for currently logged in member. Anyway thanks a lot for your help Jonas. Much appreciated :).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft