Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan Lathigee 56 posts 99 karma points
    Feb 01, 2011 @ 18:18
    Jonathan Lathigee

Errors importing document type

I'm exporting document types from one Umbraco install, and attempting to import them into another. The process errors with the following:

Exception information: 
        Exception type: Exception
        Exception message: Could not find datatype with id 05ed6d30-f450-11dd-87af-0800200c9a66.
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.ImportDocumentType(XmlNode n, User u, Boolean ImportStructure)
       at umbraco.presentation.umbraco.dialogs.importDocumentType.import_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

This particular document type includes a few custom data types, inclusing the google maps data type and the dynamic data grid. In spite of the error, the document type is added to the system, but those custom data types are missing from its definition. Examining the cmsDataType table in SQL Server shows that, in fact, there *is* an entry for 05ed6d30-f450-11dd-87af-0800200c9a66. It's the google maps data type.

I have tried hand editing the exported .udt file and removing the reference to the google maps data type, but then the process errors on the *next* custom data type (dynamic data grid), which also (coincidentally) exists in the cmsDataType table.

I can work around this for now by importing the document type, and then manually re-entering the custom data types, but this is all ground work for a major migration / deploy, and I don't want to be fiddling with dozens of custom data types when it's time to move to prod.

Any help appreciated

Jonathan

Feb 01, 2011 @ 18:19
    Jonathan Lathigee

oh yeah - should note that it's Umbraco 4.6.1

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2011 @ 21:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jonathan

As you're mentioning yourself you need to make sure the datatypes are created otherwise the import of the document *will* fail. It's easy to fix in a minor deploy but it should also be possible to get it wokring smoothlessly on a larger deploy.

However I must admit that I'm a bit unsure where to look in the database. If you have made custom datatypes using some assembiles and user controls you of course need to copy those over. But I guess some of the .NET gurus in here have some more advice for you.

/Jan

Feb 01, 2011 @ 22:37
    Jonathan Lathigee

Hi Jan, thanks for the reply

Yes, I should have made clearer, I *did* recreate the data types *before* I tried to import the document types, and I confirmed that they exist in he cmsDataType table with the same guid associated. Perhaps they need to be referenced somewhere else as well?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft