Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Mar 02, 2011 @ 21:14
    Connie DeCinko

Data Types Gone!

Created a new data type, now all my data types are gone!  Cannot get them back by reloading nodes nor by restarting app pool.

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 02, 2011 @ 21:26
    Hendy Racher

Hi Connie,

Can you see the error in firebug when trying to expand the Data Types tree ?

I've seen an issue like this before, where the datatype ID exists within umbracoNode, but not in the cmsDataType table - (fix was to delete row from umbracoNode, and recreate the datatype)

HTH,

Hendy

Mar 02, 2011 @ 23:05
    Connie DeCinko
    No dataType with id = 1776 found
  • Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Mar 03, 2011 @ 00:58
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Connie,

looks like something went wrong when you added the data type. It would obviously be good to find out what exactly, however you will first need to get the types displaying again. I'm afraid you would have to do that manually in the database, be sure to make a backup first.

I've written the steps up in this post, be sure to check out the actual issue Paul had with regards to the path, maybe that's your issue as well?

Hope that helps,

Sascha

• dillorscroft 198 posts 192 karma points
    Mar 30, 2011 @ 13:51
    dillorscroft

I'm an experienced Umbraco developer and I've done nothing out of the ordinary and now all my datatypes are missing as well !!!!

Really struggling to get them back,  What on earth could have gone wrong?

Mar 30, 2011 @ 15:29
    dillorscroft

I added a new datatype and then everythign disapeared.  I havent even added it to a document type but now the DataType list is empty.  The only refernce in the whoel database I can see for the datatype is in the UmbracoNode table.

Mar 30, 2011 @ 15:30
    dillorscroft

Currently I can't edit any document types and there are no datatypes in the tree.

Mar 30, 2011 @ 15:32
    dillorscroft

I've fixed this by readding a record to cmsDataType with the missing id.   Really dont like modifying the databse outside of the API this but needs must.

Mar 30, 2011 @ 15:33
    Connie DeCinko

It's caused by an orphaned or missing record in the datatypes.  Use Firebug to see the "hidden" true error message.  I can't remember what table it's in but search through the forums, the answer should be there.

Mar 30, 2011 @ 15:34
    dillorscroft

I think I may have caused this by adding a datatype when I should really have been timedout of the admin interface.  Thanks anyway Connie

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft