Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Mar 07, 2011 @ 02:54
    Tom

Broke Umbraco How do i find and delete phantom nodes

Hi Guys,

I copied some doc types and nuked the old ones in the backend so i could establish a better flow of properties.. 

The only problem with this was that some of the doctypes i nuked had elements in the tree that dissappeared.. now when i try and create a replacement element of the same doctype/name im getting:

Multiple controls with the same ID 'prop_pageTitle' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

is there any way i could just delete the offending nodes from the db? I can't seem to locate their data under umbracoNode or cmsContent

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 07, 2011 @ 08:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

You should be able to either rename the duplicate property name in the document type. If it's throwing a ysod when you're trying to access it I think you should be able to just delete it then and recreate and you should be fine.

Otherwise I think it's a matter of digging in the database. I guess you need to find the tables that handle the document types - Unfortunately I'm not sure what they are...

/Jan

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Mar 07, 2011 @ 08:15
    Tom

Hi Jan,

thanks so much for your reply.. ended up rummaging around in the db! all sorted!

thanks so much,

Tom

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 07, 2011 @ 08:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom you're welcome

What tables did you alter in the database?

/Jan

• Sawe 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 06:55
    Sawe

The table is cmsPropertyType, check all rows with an alias 'pageTitle', and either rename the one to something else or delete one in which case you might need to update any references to that row.

• Stefan van Leusden 21 posts 73 karma points
    Jun 05, 2015 @ 09:44
    Stefan van Leusden

Saving a documenttype solved this issue for me. In my case it was with umb v 4.7.2

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft