Publish at and Remove at do not work...

UMB 4.5.2
    .NET 4.0
    WIN SVR 2008 R2

Publish at
    No date chosen
    Remove at
    No date chosen
    I tested this multiple times not sure why things are not working.
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 08, 2011 @ 12:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kevon

Could you be a bit more specific?

What steps do you take when you create a node that should be published on a certain time?

The dump above does not make much sense I think, since no dates have been chosen? :)

/Jan

• Kevon K. Hayes 255 posts 281 karma points
    Mar 08, 2011 @ 12:59
    Kevon K. Hayes

I create a content node, I give it a publish and remove date, using the above fields from the properties tab and when the time comes around the content node does not get published.  Also, I'll create a content node, publish it, and then give it a remove date it doesn't get unpublished. This is built in Umbraco functionalty... so it should work.

• eugenekr 10 posts 30 karma points
    Mar 14, 2011 @ 00:40
    eugenekr

I am having the same problem. Please let me know if there is any progress. At least how to track umbraco background process that does automatic publish/unpublish? I could'nt find any errors in umbraco log at the time when it had to work.

Mar 14, 2011 @ 02:45
    Kevon K. Hayes

The history of the problem dates back a few releases ago that allegedly was fixed... this is irritating that the functionality is broken again.

Mar 14, 2011 @ 03:12
    eugenekr

I wonder if background process that handles these tasks needs to be setup somehow or started explicitly?

Mar 15, 2011 @ 23:33
    eugenekr

Node is deleted at specified time, which means user can't browse to it. But it stays in admin section in published state. The solution might be to update and rebuild umbraco.dll from source as adviced in this article http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst4170_Publish-at--Remove-at-bug.aspx

Background process starts updating nodes 10 minuntes after web site start and does checks every minute after. See for the following sql commands in sql profiler trace:

Remove at:

exec sp_executesql N'select distinct nodeId from cmsDocument where newest = 1 and not expireDate is null and expireDate <= @today',N'@today datetime',@today='2011-03-16 09:02:19.983'

Publish at:

exec sp_executesql N'select distinct nodeId, level, sortOrder from cmsDocument inner join umbracoNode on umbracoNode.id = cmsDocument.nodeId where newest = 1 and not releaseDate is null and releaseDate <= @today order by [level], sortOrder',N'@today datetime',@today='2011-03-16 08:56:00.970'

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Mar 16, 2011 @ 13:43
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

I did find an issue in 4.5.2 with the Remove At feature, where the document would get removed from cache but it's .Published "flag" was still set to published.  Wondering if that might be your issue.  It should be fixed in 4.6.1+.

-Tom

Mar 29, 2011 @ 14:47
    Kevon K. Hayes

That's not the case here.  I got this to work in FF once since my last post but I had to enter in one date or the other nut not both.  A publish date and time or an unpublish date and time but not both.  Until this gets fixed... I'm going to have to deem this as a feature I cannot use.

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    May 20, 2016 @ 16:06
    Connie DeCinko

Note, this feature is still broken in v.6.2.6.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft