Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Samuel Hamer 44 posts 66 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 15:09
    Samuel Hamer

Forgetting content

Has anyone else ever had a problem where Umbraco seems to suddenly ignore it has any content in it whatsoever and loads the "there's still work to do" (or whatever its called) page.  It went away as soon as I republished the site (suggesting that the records of the content held on the database had become corrupt maybe?) but I cannot for the life of me work out what had happened for this to occur.  I would shrug it off but it is on a Live site and I really need to try and make sure it wont happen again.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 15:28
    Tom Fulton

Hi Samuel,

This was a known issue that (should) be fixed in 4.7.  The issue has something to do with the site restarting/recycling and the database server not being available - if Umbraco starts up and can't access the database this issue occurs.  If you can't upgrade, Darren posted a workaround on his blog:  http://blog.darren-ferguson.com/2010/11/2/working-around-the-%27no-nodes%27-issue-with-umbraco-45x

-Tom

• Samuel Hamer 44 posts 66 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 15:33
    Samuel Hamer

Thanks Tom!  I was really afraid it would be something that was only happening to us

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft