Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Rørvik 25 posts 47 karma points
    Mar 10, 2011 @ 13:18
    Anders Rørvik

Let a user select a thumbnail in the text editor

Hey.

We have an umbraco instance where the user uploads images using the upload datatype, which again generates thumbnails. Now, we would like the user to be able to select one of the thumbnails into the rich text editor. What would be the best way of accomplishing this?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 10, 2011 @ 18:24
    Sebastiaan Janssen

There currently is no way to do this, you'd be looking at significantly extending the functionality of the RTE.

If it's just one thumbnail and it appears in the same place all the time, then just let them pick it using a picker datatype and insert the image when rendering the page (in xslt or razor or whatever you're using).

• Anders Rørvik 25 posts 47 karma points
    Mar 10, 2011 @ 19:38
    Anders Rørvik

Thanks for your reply Sebstiaan. Normally we would do it as you describe, however it is not feasible for this scenario. Nevertheless, I discovered inserting an image with a given size in the rich text editor actually creates a physical thumbnail on the disk, and that actually solves the entire thing for us :)

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 10, 2011 @ 19:40
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Yes, you can even change the size of the thumbnail in the rich text editor datatype!

I didn't mention this because I was thinking you needed a crop, which would be a whole different problem :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft