Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Mar 10, 2011 @ 16:24
    Connie DeCinko

Cannot Create New Data Type: Value cannot be null.

I am unable to create new data types.  I enter the name and I then get Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String.  Then my Data Types list is empty.  I end up with apparently an orphaned record in umbracoNode.  If I delete that new record, my data types reappear.

What is causing this error?  How can I create new data types?

• miguel 9 posts 29 karma points
    Mar 29, 2011 @ 17:10
    miguel

I'm having the same problem.. any suggestions?

• miguel 9 posts 29 karma points
    Mar 29, 2011 @ 17:17
    miguel

I did the following and it fixed the problem for me... not sure which step actually fixed it but might as well try them all.      I edited the main web.config file in the root of umbraco, restarted my website in IIS, clear my cache/history in the browser and tried again and it worked.

might be worth a try...

• maanehunden 61 posts 105 karma points
    Jul 18, 2011 @ 12:33
    maanehunden

same problem here,. i can see that the datattype is created in the database,. 
    SELECT * from umbracoNode WHERE id = 'some id'

but when i click  "Data Types" from the developer tab,. i get the error from above,.. 

Bummer,.. i don't have acces to the IIS,.. can anyome shed some light on the matter,. 
    tryed to updating webconfig and claering cache/history,.. without any change,..  

I am using umbraco v 4.5.2  

• maanehunden 61 posts 105 karma points
    Jul 19, 2011 @ 09:00
    maanehunden

finally progress,. (c: i've resolved the problem... i was running my solution on localhost,. with an umbraco site outhere in the world,  the problem was solved by creating my "data types" on the live site instead of my Visual studios localhost server.. Go figure ..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft