Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Palenshus 39 posts 63 karma points
    Mar 11, 2011 @ 17:21
    Craig Palenshus

Notifications not being sent in translator workflow

Using Umbraco 4.6.1 --

The admin is set up to receive every type of notification. Notifications are received for Publish, Update, Sort, etc. unless any of these happen as a result of a translator uploading an XML file. It is the admin that is sending the documents for translation.

The translator gets the email saying they have a document to translate just fine. And when the translator uploads the XML, the document does get updated and the translation task gets closed, but no notifications are sent.

Not only does the admin not receive the notification email, but the admin doesn't receive any task assigned back to him either, so there's no way of finding out that a page has been updated and that he needs to do something with it without looking at the documents themselves to see if the translation is complete.

It seems like there must be a configuration setting or something that needs to be set to make these work.

Mar 11, 2011 @ 22:46
    Craig Palenshus

Is there a bug in the translation notifications or do translation notifications work perfectly for everyone else? If someone could give me some idea of where to look for a resolution to this problem I'd be grateful. My colleague and I spent nearly 3 hours together looking into the problem this morning and turned up empty.

Since non-translation notifications are being sent, it seems there can't be anything wrong with the emails being sent through umbraco in general.

There are no errors being logged in the error logs after a translated XML file is uploaded.

Is there a setting somewhere (not in the normal notifications on a node) that I need to set to say who is the responsible party for approving and publishing a translated page after a translator submits it? I would assume that the user who made the assignment would be the one who would get the notification email and see a new task assigned to them that they need to approve and publish a document after the translator uploads the XML. Am I misunderstanding something about how the translation workflow is supposed to work? 

Mar 15, 2011 @ 15:08
    Craig Palenshus

Can someone confirm that translation notifications work on 4.6.1 and what you need to do to turn them on?

Am I missing something simple to make it work?

Please help.

• Iulia Maria Jensen 40 posts 71 karma points
    Jan 03, 2013 @ 14:35
    Iulia Maria Jensen

I subscribe! I would like to hear the answers to the questions :).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft