Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gary Bronson 137 posts 46 karma points
    Mar 13, 2011 @ 17:09
    Gary Bronson

Domain 'mydomain.com' has already been assigned

I have two domains in 4.7.0.RC. On the second hostname I had assigned I decided to call it something else so I deleted the node to start over. When I did this the delete did not seem to remove to reference to the domain named I had assigned it. Now, after I put in my new root node, Umbraco tells me that the domain i am using is already asigned even after I deleted the previos one, Umbraco has orphaned the hostname in the database somewhere. Is there any way to clear it out so i can asiign the hostname to the new node?

• Gary Bronson 137 posts 46 karma points
    Mar 13, 2011 @ 17:28
    Gary Bronson

I solved this issue by restoring the deleted file from the recycle bin and removing the hostname and then deleting it again. I'm guessing this is a bug where assigning hostnames should not include a search in the recycle bin or delete the hostnames when they are in the recycle bin.

• Pavel Gurecki 55 posts 158 karma points
    Jul 01, 2013 @ 22:14
    Pavel Gurecki

I can confirm that same problem exists on 6.1.1

Deleted node with hostname, removed it from recycle bin, and now I can't add same hostname to new node.

Though, it can be easily fixed by application pool restart

• David Dimmer 76 posts 134 karma points
    Jan 30, 2014 @ 18:17
    David Dimmer

UPDATED: It is found in the umbracoDomains table.

Where does Umbraco store the Host Name in the database? We are working on query to show all of the host names in use, their assigned node id for a client with 80+ host names.

-David Dimmer

See you at uWestFest 2014!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft