Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gary Bronson 137 posts 46 karma points
    Mar 14, 2011 @ 13:43
    Gary Bronson

usercontrol properties don't save when published

I created a usercontrol and also used the contact usercontrol in the business template. When I make a change to any of the properties the new information get's wiped out and is replaced with the original information (defaults of the control).I'm not getting any error. Where does the data for the controls get stored? Am I missing a folder or permission setting?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 14, 2011 @ 16:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gary

How do you use the user control in Umbraco? Is it inserted as a macro in the RTE or on a template?

And what parameters does it take?

And what does the code look like?

/Jan

Mar 14, 2011 @ 17:02
    Gary Bronson

I created a macro and it points to a usercontrol in the usercontrol folder. It has only one property as a string. I discovered that it works in Mozzila but I was having issues with IE. I'm using Mozilla for now.

Mar 14, 2011 @ 17:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gary

Ok - but is the content of the usercontrol properly rendered on the website? And how is it not working in IE? Maybe it's a bug that needs some attention...what version of Umbraco are you using?

/Jan

Mar 14, 2011 @ 17:27
    Gary Bronson

Yes, the website renders the content correctly in either browser once I was able to save the information through umbraco in Mozilla. Just setting the property and getting it to stick was the problem. Since I don't get an error in IE I don't know why it's causing it to not work in IE. I'm using a brand new fresh install of 4.7.0.RC. At first I thought it was my control but It also didn't work when I used the contact.ascx control that came with the business website package.

Mar 14, 2011 @ 17:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gary

Ok, then it may be a bug that hopefully is adressed in the final release.

Maybe have a look at codeplex and see if there has been made an issue with this already, otherwise maybe add it?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft