Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jeb 50 posts 20 karma points
    Jan 02, 2009 @ 18:08
    jeb

Embedding an Image with Associated Text in a Flow of Text

I would appreciate any advice on how to configure the small images, with associated descriptive text, in a way that can be floated right or left within the flowing text of a main article. Here's a crop of what I mean, where the item is floated right:

and you can see the whole thing here http://www.watergardenermagazine.com/node/2667 and FYI it is Drupal.

Here's the source of the floated item:

[code]
    The experience of swimming in naturally clean water untainted by any chemicals or salt is an experience never to be forgottenThe experience of swimming in naturally clean water untainted by any chemicals or salt is an experience never to be forgotten
    [/code]

I can do a floating image. It's the additional nesting of the associated text that's the problem.

I'd really appreciate any guidance with this. Thanks.

Jeb

• Ruben Verborgh 379 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 02, 2009 @ 18:20
    Ruben Verborgh

Hi Jeb,

Actually, you just need to create a container which contains the image and text, and let the container float:
    [code]

your text

[/code]
    Cheers,

Ruben

Jan 02, 2009 @ 19:33
    jeb

Thanks, Reuben.

Maybe I've got an unrealistic expectation here. I'm trying to design something that author's can use to publish stuff. These author's are (presumed by me to be) ignorant of HTML and I would like to provide them with an interface that they can use to generate the code that you suggest.

But here's my answer already: TinyMce -Format- dropdown and html templates-snippets (workaround)

I'll have a go at that and then I'll be checking how Drupal does it next week. Why do you think Drupal prefers the span tag over the div?

Thanks, again.

Jeb.

P.S. I'm still working on the Canvas thing.

• Ruben Verborgh 379 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 02, 2009 @ 19:38
    Ruben Verborgh

OK, I see. On other option of course is to add the images as child nodes that can be managed independently, or to use the Ultimate Picker to select them from media. Than you have full control over the HTML markup.

Drupal => It has nothing to do with Drupal itself really, it is more a discussion of what kind of HTML tags you want to use. Could be spans, divs, even ps or whatever you want. The choice is up to you (or you graphic designer).

Cheers,

Ruben

Jan 28, 2009 @ 17:45
    jeb

see also http://forum.umbraco.org/yafpostsm37363Images-in-divs-in-richtext-editor.aspx

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft