Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jhandel 2 posts 20 karma points
    Jan 29, 2009 @ 21:29
    jhandel

Lucene Search in 4.0 ?

So I have been fighting the good fight and failing at trying to get lucene search working on 4.0.. Does anyone have a walk through or an updated package that works with 4.0s indexing?

Thus far I have tried the Umbraco Utilities package but its based on Lucene 1.9.x and Ive tried porting umbracoext with it failing to actually create an index (which it shouldn't have to do because embraco has an index already right???

So ya any hints on how to get 4.0 and lucene playing nice?

Thanks
    Josh

• Hans 23 posts 57 karma points
    Jul 14, 2009 @ 10:30
    Hans

Hi Josh,

Today I released my UmbSearch2 package. You can download this package from http://umbsearch2.codeplex.com. The source code is available as well.

UmbSearch2 is the successor of the well-known umbSearch package that was available for Umbraco v3. However this version is for Umbraco v4 ! It uses the Lucene search engine to find DOCUMENTS AND MEDIA items that satisfy a search query.
    A search action can be performed with multiple search items. You can also use wildcards like ' * ' and ' ? '. The list with search results will highlight the search items you have been looking for.

I hope it will suit your needs!

Hans

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft