Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    Mar 29, 2011 @ 02:51
    Dallas

Can't select items in Media for a link

Hi

We can't select items in the media section when creating a link. We are trying to directly link to some pdf files that have been uploaded into the media section.

When we create a link and select the media tab - all of the folder names and items are greyed out. We are able to click on them but the link does not get created.

We have been creating links like this for many days, so I am at a loss to what could have changed for this behaviour?

Has anyone seen this before? We are using umbraco 4.5.2.

• Craig Taylor 29 posts 69 karma points
    Mar 29, 2011 @ 19:07
    Craig Taylor

While I haven't seen this issue exactly, have you tried deleting the "umbraco.config" file and republishing an item to regenerate it?  I find that sometimes things get fishy and it just takes a little reboot to clear them up.  You could also try recycling the app pool or resetting IIS to make sure it's not some strange config issue.

-Craig

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    Mar 29, 2011 @ 22:34
    Dallas

Thanks for the response Craig. Restarting IIS and deleting the cache is good advice. Unfortunately it turns out that this was a much more mundane solution. The item had been created in Media but no file had been uploaded. I guess the problem is that there is no indication of this. It is strange that all the nodes in the tree had been grayed out but maybe this is normal.

• Craig Taylor 29 posts 69 karma points
    Mar 29, 2011 @ 22:35
    Craig Taylor

Ah!  Glad you were able to resolve the issue.

-Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft