Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Mar 30, 2011 @ 03:12
    Phillip Ng

Problem with Image Resizer package install

Hi

I attempted to install the Image Resizer package, but unfortunately, it failed midway through. The following error was thrown

"Could not load file or assembly 'Dascoba.Umb.ImageResizer' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded"

Thinking it was a problem with the app pool, I changed it from .net 2.0 (classic) to different 4.0 versions. After each case, a 500 server error was thrown. After a few hours, I just deleted the Dascoba.Umb.ImageResizer.dll file, commented out a line of code in the DocumentHandlers.cs file, switched back to .net 2.0 app pool and things seems to be working again. Can someone please advise? I'd like to use the package but not sure how to stabilize.

Oh, and the line of code I commented out was 'if (property.)"

Thank you!

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Mar 30, 2011 @ 03:15
    Daniel Bardi

Image Resizer works with .Net 4.0

I'll try to get you a .Net 3.5 version

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Mar 30, 2011 @ 03:20
    Phillip Ng

Hi Daniel

I verified that the website was using .Net Framework 4.0 in Visual Studio so am not sure if a 3.5 version would help.

Thanks for the speedy response!

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Mar 30, 2011 @ 03:38
    Daniel Bardi

Hmm.. odd.. I built it against 4.0..  I put a 3.5 assembly on the project page just in case.

What version of Umbraco?

You can downloaded the source and try building it locally.

• Janet Kirklen 102 posts 212 karma points
    Aug 24, 2012 @ 18:50
    Janet Kirklen

I am also unable to get this package to work.  I tried to install it in a clean install of Umbraco 4.7.2.  I created a Image Resizer datatype and then added that to one of my doctypes.  When I go the Content section to a page that uses the doctype that has the Image Resizer datatype control on it, the page throws an error in the editor.  

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Dascoba.Umb.ImageResizer.ImageResizerDataType.ImageResizerDataEditorPreRender(Object sender, EventArgs e) in \\psf\Home\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Dascoba.Umbraco\Dascoba.Umb.ImageResizer\ImageResizerDataType.cs:70
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +8948802

Is there some configuration step that I am missing?

• Den Gordo 29 posts 49 karma points
    Nov 23, 2012 @ 17:58
    Den Gordo

The same story here with umbraco 4.7.2 on .Net v4.0. Also when I try to change Data Type "Property Alias" to something else it keeps changing it back to "umbracoFile".

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft