Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• tracker63 22 posts 20 karma points
    Feb 09, 2009 @ 13:37
    tracker63

Configuring email notifications problem

I am having trouble getting umbraco to send out email notifications for when pages are created. I made a page similar to the FAQ example from the video tutorials, with a FAQ page, and then FAQ item child pages. Logged in as admin, I selected on the FAQ page to receive notifications for when pages are created, I have specified an email for the admin account under the user's section. However when I use the autoform to create new FAQ items, no email notification is sent to my admin's email account(and just to make sure I also tried checking the boxes for every option under notifications, not just the 'create' option). The pages are created and unpublished just like they should be when I go to the content section and look for them under the FAQ section, however no notification is ever sent to my email account. If anyone has experienced similar problems and has any help I would be much appreciative. Thanks.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Feb 09, 2009 @ 14:41
    Dirk De Grave

Hi tracker63,

you'll need to provide the smtp server's detail in web.config first!

Regards,
    /Dirk

• ChrisAMeikle 8 posts 20 karma points
    Feb 12, 2009 @ 17:15
    ChrisAMeikle

[quote=tracker63]I am having trouble getting umbraco to send out email notifications for when pages are created. I made a page similar to the FAQ example from the video tutorials, with a FAQ page, and then FAQ item child pages. Logged in as admin, I selected on the FAQ page to receive notifications for when pages are created, I have specified an email for the admin account under the user's section. However when I use the autoform to create new FAQ items, no email notification is sent to my admin's email account(and just to make sure I also tried checking the boxes for every option under notifications, not just the 'create' option). The pages are created and unpublished just like they should be when I go to the content section and look for them under the FAQ section, however no notification is ever sent to my email account. If anyone has experienced similar problems and has any help I would be much appreciative. Thanks.[/quote]

[quote=Dirk]Hi tracker63,

you'll need to provide the smtp server's detail in web.config first!

Regards,
    /Dirk[/quote]

I have a similar issue.

And I have set up the web.config file with the correct smtp server details. Yet the site still does not send any email notifications.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

• ChrisAMeikle 8 posts 20 karma points
    Feb 24, 2009 @ 15:13
    ChrisAMeikle

[quote]

I have a similar issue.

And I have set up the web.config file with the correct smtp server details. Yet the site still does not send any email notifications.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris[/quote]

Issue resolved.

Thanks anyway.

:-({|=

• tracker63 22 posts 20 karma points
    Mar 25, 2009 @ 21:42
    tracker63

Sorry for the late response, we were switched over to a different project temporarily but are back on this one now. These are the web.config settings for smtp, with the password asterisked out and the domain name, but the actual values are in the web.config itself. As it appears my smtp web.config information is correct, what should I look for next as the problem?
    I have a FAQ page, with FAQ item child pages with an autoform that creates a new question page when submitted and is then supposed to send a notification email to the admin when a new question page is created to ask for a response and to be published then by the admin. As the admin I have 'Create' checked under notifications for both the FAQ parent page, and on the FAQ children pages, and have a gmail account entered under the admin's profile that receives no messages upon FAQ question page creation. Again sorry about the late reply, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Steve George 13 posts 20 karma points
    Mar 31, 2009 @ 21:49
    Steve George

[quote=ChrisAMeikle][quote]

I have a similar issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris[/quote]

Issue resolved.

Thanks anyway.

:-({|= [/quote]

Chris,

Could you explain how you resolved this issue? I am having exactly the same issue.

Many thanks,

Steve

• Steve George 13 posts 20 karma points
    Apr 02, 2009 @ 09:38
    Steve George

Hmm, embarrassingly I've solved my own problem....turns out if your webmaster account doesn't have an email address entered for it then it can't get emails!!

Steve

• arviman 71 posts 92 karma points
    May 28, 2010 @ 22:19
    arviman

I'm facing the same problem. I'm using this in my web.config for smtp.

<system.net>
        <mailSettings>
          <smtp>
            <network host="<local smtp server ip>" defaultCredentials="true" />
          </smtp>
        </mailSettings>
      </system.net>

My smtp server is running fine, I tried sending a mail through .NET using these settings and it works dandy.

However, umbraco seems to be stubborn with respect to approval. I created a user named "testwriter" of user "writer". Set his permissions to "browse, create,update,send to publish".

When I login with my writer and create a new node, and click "send for approval", i get a message saying changes have been sent for approval. However, in the admin/editor email inbox(whose emails have been set beforehand), I am not receiving any mail. Has anyone faced this problem, or know what could be the most likely culprit here?

May 28, 2010 @ 22:22
    arviman

With issue to my prev. post, do I have to specifically indicate to receive notifications for certain nodes, or are these done by default. I have a feeling I'm missing something here.

May 28, 2010 @ 23:45
    arviman

To enable notifications for my admin user, I click notifications and toggle "Send to publish" (assuming this is correct). However, I get a yellow screen of death with the awesomely generic error:

Multiple controls with the same ID 'r' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

Same id 'r'???  I thought node ids were numbers :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft