Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dimitris Papadimitriou 14 posts 34 karma points
    Apr 05, 2011 @ 09:31
    Dimitris Papadimitriou

Theme support is not advertised a lot in Umbraco

Hi!

I'm really concerned about the lack of any mention of theming/skinning support in Umbraco's web site. It seems that the official umbraco.org site leaves developers/designers completely on there in own on this. One would expect that Theme guidelines/support would be among the top items of the feature/documentation list. I'm not proud to say this, but unfortunately there are people selecting CMS based on the availability of skins in the market. And there is logic in this, I have to admit.

As a subcontructor, I will start working on a web site that will include significant custom .NET development. The goal of my customer is to install the same web site to a number of other customers of theirs. Each installation will need to have different theme, so that each final customer gets a relatively unique look & feel.

Currently my customer is concerned that, if we go with umbraco, he will not be able to go to template monster, pick a theme from there and install it. The only option seems to be to hire the services of a graphics designer and create a custom theme or create a PSD and slice it using something like http://www.psd2html.com.

What do you think about that?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft