Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Apr 06, 2011 @ 17:15
    Connie DeCinko

Back end menus scrambled for some users

When I right click on a node and chose to move it, the pop up comes up just fine and all works as expected.  However, I have some users, using the same IE8 browser, same Win7 OS, same hardware, all nearly identical.  However when they right click and chose Move, they see a scrambled mess for the pop up menu and are unable to move any pages.

What could be causing this? has anyone else seen this? and how do we fix it?

Running the latest build of Umbraco 4.7 on Windows Server with IIS 7.5.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 06, 2011 @ 19:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Connie

Are you 100% certain that their browser settings are identical? Maybe it's worth the try to compare settings in a browser where it works and in one where it does not work.

Also...are they using any security software that could possibly be configured differently?

/Jan

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Apr 13, 2011 @ 18:03
    Connie DeCinko

I am certain.  No different software.  This seems to be a CSS layering issue, perhaps with the JQuery used on the back end.

Apr 13, 2011 @ 18:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmm that sounds odd if the IE version is exactly the same build as well...but hope you manage to figure it out. I'm afraid I'm all out of ideas.

/Jan

• Ruald Gerber 20 posts 41 karma points
    Oct 28, 2011 @ 13:06
    Ruald Gerber

Hey have you been able to fix this? I am having the same problem in IE8 (IE9 compatibility mode) using Umb 4.7.

Thanks

Oct 29, 2011 @ 00:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ruald

Hmm, maybe you need to clear the temp files in the clientdependency folder, which is found in app_data/TEMP/ClientDependency on the disk?

/Jan

Oct 29, 2011 @ 00:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Could you perhaps post a screendump on how it looks, if the above suggestion does not work?

/Jan

• Ruald Gerber 20 posts 41 karma points
    Oct 31, 2011 @ 13:23
    Ruald Gerber

Hey Jan, Ive attached a screendump as per your request. I've checked accross multiple sites and tried clearing out clientdependency (and on dev where im not using it). It just seem to be a IE <9 issue as its working fine in IE9, Chrome and FF.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft