Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric 35 posts 55 karma points
    Feb 27, 2009 @ 12:52
    Eric

User type and access to media folder

Hi everybody,
    (I'm running Umbraco 4 - latest version)
    I have created a document type which uses the mediapicker to select a swf file in media/flash/[allSwfFiles.swf]
    Then I have created an Umbraco User as Editor, setting only "content" as visible section.
    When this user try to create a page based on the above document type, he can not access the media tree. If I select both 'content' and 'media' as visible sections, the issue is solved.
    But I don't want my editor to be able to create medias ! He should be only able to access media through media picker to pick up an existing file (he should not be able to create, delete o modify the existing ones)
    How can I solve it ?
    Thanks for your help.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 27, 2009 @ 13:18
    Ismail Mayat

Mister Wu,

You could create an action handler see this blog post see at bottom the table of events you will need to handle media event either new or before save and check user type then stop the creation.

Regards

Ismial

• Eric 35 posts 55 karma points
    Feb 27, 2009 @ 15:23
    Eric

Thank you Ismial,
    The topic is surely interesting but I'm more a designer than a coder, so if there is no way to do this without coding, I will take the risk and let my editor access the media folder (keeping my fingers crossed).
    Regards.

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    Mar 09, 2009 @ 22:22
    Biagio Paruolo

How Can Handler helps in this?
    The Handlers fire up subsequence an event...
    I think that we need a new type of mediapicker...

Bye

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft