Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sachin 22 posts 41 karma points
    Apr 12, 2011 @ 19:03
    sachin

Usercontrol not working in umbraco

I have made an usercontrol containing a Contact form.When i include the usercontrol in macro and insert the macro in WYSIWYG editor then it shows the following error.

No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing
    I am new to umbraco..
  • Ernst Utvik 123 posts 235 karma points
    Apr 12, 2011 @ 19:16
    Ernst Utvik

Have you tried inserting the macro in a template? Does it work then?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2011 @ 19:19
    Tom Fulton

In order to see the macro content in the WYSIWYG, you need to enable it under Developer -> Macros -> (your Macro) - and check "Render content in Editor".  This only controls whether it shows on the backend though.

Is that your problem or is the macro also not showing up on your page via the template?

-Tom

• jivan thapa 194 posts 681 karma points
    Apr 13, 2011 @ 00:30
    jivan thapa

did you upload .dll file if you created usercontrol in seperate visual studio project.

Apr 13, 2011 @ 09:06
    sachin

Thanks for the reply guys.

I put the usercontrol and DLL file in the usercontrol and bin folder of umbraco, moreover i checked the "Render content in Editor" checkbox but the problem is still there.

can someone tell me how to insert the macro in a template.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Apr 13, 2011 @ 09:20
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Think its best to watch those free videos http://umbraco.com/products/umbracotv these describe how to insert the macro into a template and you will learn all the basics you need to know.

Cheers,

Richard

Apr 13, 2011 @ 12:19
    sachin

Actually when i place the usercontrol only with textboxes and buttons in umbraco it shows in the browser but when i write code in user control and then place it in the umbraco folder it shows No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Apr 13, 2011 @ 12:26
    Dirk De Grave

It may depend on your code, you might be doing some logic that will 'silently' fail when it's being dropped into a rich text editor field, hence the 'No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing'. Nothing really to worry about as long as the user controls works fine in the frontend.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Apr 13, 2011 @ 12:38
    sachin

hello dirk,

i have tested the usercontrol in visual studio and it works fine.But in umbraco it gives problem.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Apr 13, 2011 @ 12:44
    Dirk De Grave

well, in that case, you'll have to give us some more info on your user control, code and the way you use the user control in umbraco. Can't really help from the sparse info you've given so far.

And better stop bumping your head against the wall, that won't help either :P

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Adrian Alexa 50 posts 100 karma points
    Jan 11, 2012 @ 14:34
    Adrian Alexa

I have the same issue, did you got to a solution?

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 11, 2012 @ 14:56
    Michael Latouche

Hi Adrian,

Same answer ;-) Can you give some more information about what the control exactly does and the way you use it in Umbraco? Also, the question is: does it work if you actually view the generated page in a browser?

Cheers,

Michael.

• Adrian Alexa 50 posts 100 karma points
    Jan 11, 2012 @ 15:07
    Adrian Alexa

Hi Michael,

please goto http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/27505-Usercontrolers-does-not-work-when-insert-form-tag as I wrote there all details.

Sorry for duplicates post now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft