Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gradiation 36 posts 21 karma points
    Mar 21, 2009 @ 19:08
    Gradiation

Ritch Text Editor Blockquote Style

Hi,

I've setup a css file for my rich text editor and created a number of rules via the cms so that they appear in the styles dropdown. The only problem I'm having is that i have created a blockquote style, but it just won't let me apply it to some text.

I have created on manualy in the html and when i go back to the rte it knows it is the quote style, but for some reason it won't let me select a paragraph and apply a quote style to it to convert it into a block quote.

Anbody got any ideas why this might be?

Many thanks

Matt

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 21, 2009 @ 23:20
    Morten Bock

Doesn't the editor have its own blockquote button? Or do you need to do something like

?

Mar 22, 2009 @ 00:06
    Gradiation

I'm not trying to do anything special, I just want a blockquote tag.

I've looked through all the buttons available in the RTE data type, and blockquote doesn't seem to be one of them.

Mar 22, 2009 @ 00:07
    Morten Bock

You might need to turn it on in the developer -> datatypes -> RTE. It lets you check off the buttons you want available in your RTE.

Mar 22, 2009 @ 00:31
    Gradiation

I've looked, there doesn't seem to be one.

Mar 22, 2009 @ 08:36
    Morten Bock

are you using V3 or V4? Just che3cked V4, and there is a blockquote button. It has a little blue arrow pointing to the right:

Isn't that in your installation?

Mar 22, 2009 @ 20:27
    Gradiation

Hi Morten

I'm running v4 and I do have that button, but isn't that an indent, rather than a block quote? The html it renders is a p tag with a style attribute increasing the padding on the left.

Is there a way to get it to render a blockquote html tag?

Many thanks

Matt

Mar 22, 2009 @ 21:03
    Morten Bock

Ahh, I didn't know that. I was sure that would create a blockquote. I'm out of suggestions then.

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Mar 22, 2009 @ 21:13
    Peter Dijksterhuis

How did you set up the blockquote?
    I tried it and it works just fine for me.

Mar 23, 2009 @ 15:07
    Gradiation

In Settings > Stylesheets i have a ritch text editor specific stylesheets called rte. In that stylesheet i have created a style by right clicking on the ret stylsheet and selecting create.

The rule has a name of Quote, and an alias of blockquote and a number of css styles in the styles block.

The problem I seem to be having is that if i select a block of text in an rte and choose the quote style form the styles drop down, it does nothing, the html stays the same. All other style definitions work, such as header (which is a h1) and paragraph (which is a p), but quote just won't work.

If i create a block quote manualy in the html mode, and switch back to rte, placing the cursor in the text flicks the styles dropdown to Quote, so it knows what one is, it's just for what every reason, it won't apply the style to a selection.

Many thanks

Matt

Mar 25, 2009 @ 20:46
    Gradiation

Anybody got any other sugestions?

Many thanks

Matt

Mar 25, 2009 @ 22:53
    Morten Bock

I just tried it, and it actually works for me as well.

name: quote
    alias: blockquote

In my text editor at have three paragraphs, and when I place the cursor in the middle one, and select my quote style, then I get a blockquote tag.

How does your richtext html look, and where do you want the blockquote?

Mar 29, 2009 @ 00:18
    Gradiation

hi morten,

Hmm, can I ask what browser you are using?

I've just tried it in IE 7 (which is what i've been using) and it's still broken.

However when I try it in firefox, it works, but still not right. In firefox, if i select a paragraph and choose my quote style, it wraps the p tag with a blockquote tag rather than replacing it as I would expect.

All i'm after is when I select a paragraph and you choose the quote style it turns it from:

[code]

my text

[/code]

to

[code]
    my text
    [/code]

Mar 29, 2009 @ 00:58
    Gradiation

Ok,

Not quite sure why this works (I guess it is already built in, but disabled), but i added this image in the umbraco > images > editor folder:

And then added this to the tinyMceConfig.config file after the indent definition:

[code]
    [/code]

This then gives you a blockquote option in the rte data type settings which will give you a blockquote button on the toolbar, which seems to work. It still has the p tag inside the blockquote, but it's still valid html, and I do actualy need an extra tag inside the blockquote anyway so I can live with it.

Many thanks

Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft