Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• aaronb 97 posts 116 karma points
    Apr 28, 2011 @ 17:00
    aaronb

Serve the same content but with different stylesheets to different urls?

I've read up a bit on managing hostnames, and it kind of sounds like what I need to do but in reverse.

I have one site (repository of support documents) but I need to have two different stylesheets, one themed for company A, one for company B. I want to avoid having two copies of everything to make maintenance easier.

When you access companyA.supportsite.com I need it to show the content using their stylesheet, and when you access companyB.supportsite.com I need it to use the other stylesheet.

This will have a search and users will be going up and down the content tree to find what they need.

Is this possible to do, and if so please could anyone suggest what I should be looking into? I assume it's going to take a combination of server settings/redirects and umbraco.

• Pasang Tamang 258 posts 458 karma points
    Apr 28, 2011 @ 17:27
    Pasang Tamang

Hi

You can get the current hostname from umbraco.library:RequestServerVariables('HTTP_HOST'). So here is my suggestion

<xsl:variable name="url" select="umbraco.library:RequestServerVariables('HTTP_HOST')"/>
    <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$url='your url'">
    <link href="/css/StyleA.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
    <link href="/css/StyleB.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>

Create a macro which calls above xslt and use that macro within the head tag of your template.

Thanks

Pnima

• aaronb 97 posts 116 karma points
    Apr 28, 2011 @ 17:48
    aaronb

Very nice, I'll give it a try. Thanks very much Pnima!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft