Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Accusoft 58 posts 109 karma points
    Apr 29, 2011 @ 16:08
    Accusoft

URL Name, URL Alias, etc.

I need to be able to customize the URL of my pages.  I read a few examples using fields like Umbraco URL Name and Umbraco URL Alias but none of these automatically installed.  Is this something I have to add manually and if so, how?

• david 46 posts 81 karma points
    Apr 29, 2011 @ 16:25
    david

Add them to the document type properties (under settings -> document types)

Apr 29, 2011 @ 16:26
    Accusoft

Add what to the document type properties?

• david 46 posts 81 karma points
    Apr 29, 2011 @ 16:34
    david

textstring umbracoUrlName, text string umbracoUrlAlias, true/false umbracoNaviHide etc

more info here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbraco-best-practices/umbraconavihide

Apr 29, 2011 @ 16:35
    Accusoft

Thank you!

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 29, 2011 @ 16:37
    Tom Fulton

Hi Chris,

You'll want to manually add these properties to the Document Type(s) you wish to use them on.  Typically you will have a "Master" Document Type that all of your document types inherit from.  This is a good place to add these properties so they will be available on all pages.

There is a list of these "special" properties here in the wiki - (see links on right).

The umbracoRedirect and umbracoInternalRedirect ID should be added as Content Pickers, and umbracoNaviHide as a Checkbox (true/false), the rest should be Textstrings.  You'd add the properties by editing a document type and using the Generic Properties tab.

For an example, check out the project Master DocType Template which includes all of these fields.  You can import this by right-clicking Document Types and clicking Import.  There's also a screenshot and a blog post there which might help put it in prespective.  Also most of the Starter Kits will have these already added.

Hope this helps,
    Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft