Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Marden 235 posts 338 karma points MVP c-trib
    May 02, 2011 @ 17:26
    Paul Marden

Insert Span inside an H2 in TinyMCE

I want to have a headline that looks like this....

<h2><span>blurb</span></h2>

I can easily create a style that appears in the styles drop down menu which inserts the <h2> or the <span> with just one style.  What I can't do is get it to insert both.  Any ideas if this is possible?

P

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 02, 2011 @ 18:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

Have you tried using both <h2> and a class for the span in combination? So that you first mark the text as a <h2> and afterwards marks it with the other style?

Otherwise I'm thinking you should perhaps consider making a tinymce template for this? You can read more about it here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/enabling-the-%27template%27-plugin-for-tinymce

I don't suppose adding the span manually through the HTML view is an option?

/Jan

• Gerty Engrie 130 posts 489 karma points c-trib
    May 02, 2011 @ 23:19
    Gerty Engrie

I have a way, but not a nice one :p if you have a style 'h2' (style on h2) and a style 'test' (class .test) in your dropdown...

• enter some text and add a char on the end of your text, like a . or so
    • put cursor in text
    • choose 'h2'
    • select the text without the . 
    • choose 'test'
    • remove the . in the end

that should give you <h2><span class="test">your title</span></h2>

the reason for the . is that when you select the whole text it will make : <h2 class="test">your title</h2> ....

not an ideal way but a way.... don't know if there's a way to insert both at the same time, would be nice :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft