Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Holland 283 posts 40 karma points
    Apr 04, 2009 @ 02:50
    Tom Holland

Context menu, strange behavior

Hi all.

I upgraded a site from 2.1 -> 3.0.6 -> 4.0.1. I'm having a strange behavior in the context menu where the incorrect node is selected for delete, copy, move (I assume other actions too, these are the ones I've been using). The context actions will work correctly for the first two or three items, but then when deleting (for example), the confirm message lists the node which has already been deleted, or sometimes a parent node.

I've tested on several machines - windows/mac IE & Firefox and the behavior occurs in all of these environments.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tom

• David Conlisk 432 posts 1008 karma points
    Apr 04, 2009 @ 11:17
    David Conlisk

Tom,

I get this with all versions of Umbraco that I've used. I find that if you don't actually browse to the item you're about to delete that sometimes the parent folder will get deleted instead. Quite annoying, but fine because of the recycle bin in the Content section. However, the Media section is a different matter...

My workaround is to navigate to the node I'm about to delete first, then delete it. Umbraco seems to get a bit confused as to which node is where when you delete a number of nodes in a row. Not ideal, I know.

David

• Tom Holland 283 posts 40 karma points
    Apr 05, 2009 @ 14:49
    Tom Holland

I guess I've noticed it on a much less frequent basis with other versions. In this version, even opening the node to be deleted before right clicking for the context menu still results in the wrong node being selected - and very often it asks to confirm the node which was previously deleted.

Many of my users are NOT experts in paying attention, so this can create real problems, even with the recycle bin.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft