Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Accusoft 58 posts 109 karma points
    May 02, 2011 @ 20:46
    Accusoft

Simple Workflow Problems

I've got a simple 2-stage workflow setup with a writer and an editor.  I'm running into the following problems:

• even through the approver has a valid e-mail and is set to receive emails on anything that is "pushed to review" no e-mail is being received
    • when the approver logs in, they can see the changes in the content, but under latest edits there is no entries.  how can they see what was edited and when
    Is there some dashboard functionality that can be provided so an approver can see the latest content and who submitted it?  If an approver approves multiple writers it could get tricky fast.
    Thanks!!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 02, 2011 @ 22:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chris

Have you configured smtp in the web.config? Otherwise the e-mail will not be sent.

I think they should be able to see the changes by right clicking a node and choose "Roll back", which makes all the previous versions of the node available - but this might not be ideal and perhaps your editors don't even have this access.

However I guess it should somehow be possible to create a dashboard with a list of the edited nodes. You can probably create a user control to display the nodes. Then you need to go to the dashboard.config file in the "Config" folder on the filesystem to make the dashboard visible when the editor is logged in.

I hope this makes sense to you.

/Jan

• Accusoft 58 posts 109 karma points
    May 03, 2011 @ 14:02
    Accusoft

Hi Jan,

Good call on the SMTP, didn't even think about that.  

On the dashboard, how would I begin something like this?  I did some looking and couldn't find any dashboard tutorials.  I guess it's just a matter of using the API and building a user control but some sample code would really help out.  

Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 03, 2011 @ 22:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chris

Yeah, it can be easy to overlook the SMTP stuff sometimes :-)

Hmm...don't know if there is an explicit guide on how to do it...

But some resources for pointers could be these links

http://www.nibble.be/?p=27

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/967464/extending-the-umbraco-dashboard

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    May 04, 2011 @ 02:01
    Daniel Bardi

Jan .. you got to it before me again.. I knew the answer :)

I've been to busy to check the forums as frequently as before... 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft