Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chuck 71 posts 69 karma points
    May 05, 2011 @ 21:01
    Chuck

Blog For Umbraco issue in 4.7

When I create a blog post and save and publish the node, I get an error

Couldn't find any page with the nodeId

However if I reload the nodes, the blog post exists in the date folders just like it should. I've never run into this issue before. I saw somewhere in the forum that there is a new DLL to install, can anyone point me in the direction of that dll?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 05, 2011 @ 21:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chuck

The B4U packages is know to have many issues on v4.7 but in my experience it seems it acts up a bit differently depending on the database you're using.

So what database are you using? MSSQL or CESQL? (Can't remember if it can at all be used on MySQL).

And have you used this package on other Umbraco installations previous to 4.7 before this? (Asking because you then can compare settings on documenttypes, XSLT files etc. from the version that works with this version since there are many things that needs to be fixed to get it to work).

If you have the skills you can get the latests source from here http://blog4umbraco.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets and try to compile it yourself.

/Jan

May 05, 2011 @ 22:11
    Chuck

I'm using MSSQL. Everything seems to work however it throws an error when you publish and save. I do not have the expertise enough to compile it myself though, I wish I did.

May 05, 2011 @ 22:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chuck

Edit: Deleted my previous post.Obviously I'm a bit tired since what I was asking is the error you reported...my bad! :-)

But the when you create the post and try to publish it...is it then stored in the datefolder, or is it stored outside of it? We're dealing with some of these issues at my job at the moment also on a MSSQL.

/Jan

May 05, 2011 @ 22:37
    Chuck

Jan,

It puts the blog post in the date folder.

May 05, 2011 @ 22:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmm, ok and only one folder is created if you try to create more posts?

I experienced that the datefolder was added for each post I created as well...but hopefully one of my colleagues is able to fix the .dll. If he does I'll let you know and provide you with the file somehow :-)

/Jan

May 05, 2011 @ 23:27
    Chuck

Jan, it created all the folders for me... the year the months and the days... it just throws the can't find page with id error... super strange. If you get a DLL that works, let me know.

Thanks,
    Chuck

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft