Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Samuel Hamer 44 posts 66 karma points
    May 09, 2011 @ 11:03
    Samuel Hamer

Refusing to delete templates

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  I have a site that is flat out refusing to delete templates.  Whenever I ask it to delete one it plays the client side animation of deleting but just sits there refusing to budge.  It is not that there is another template with the same name or alias as that was the first thing I checked, I am just not sure where to go from here as I cant get it to do the same locally for easy debuging.

Suggestions?

May 09, 2011 @ 14:09
    Samuel Hamer

Oddly this sorted itself out after deleting some old document types that used to be (but have not been for a while) linked to the origional templates... odd... but fixed now

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 09, 2011 @ 19:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Samuel

What version of Umbraco did this happen on? And did you touc the database directly at any point?

/Jan

May 10, 2011 @ 10:18
    Samuel Hamer

It was 4.5.2 and the database would not have been played with directly (Its a live site), Im not sure why it happened and I can't get it to break again now ¬_¬

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 10, 2011 @ 22:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Samuel

Hmm, weird...but sounds like a peridoic error and good to hear you got it solved :-)

/Jan

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    May 10, 2011 @ 23:05
    Jeroen Breuer

It's probably related to this workitem: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29306.

You can't delete a template if it's used in a node. Even if you give the node a new template the template is still linked to the node in the version history. By deleting the documenttype you probably also deleted the related nodes and version history and that's why you can remove the template again. If deleting fails in 4.6+ you should get a message.

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft