Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joel 40 posts 62 karma points
    May 10, 2011 @ 16:44
    Joel

How to use Url alias?

For a few days I got a problem I can´t seemed to figure out..

I redirected my domain ´www.site1.com´  to the ´www.site1.com/site1´ folder.

Redirecting works perfectly, but Umbraco itself is using the wrong ´root-URL´. Both menu links, as backend are still referring to ´www.site1.com/site1´. Offcourse as the domain as been redirected, it gives a huge .404 error as Umbraco can´t find ´www.site1.com/site1/site1´.

How can I make clear for Umbraco to use ´www.site1.com´ as website root and not ´www.site1.com/site1´?

I´ve tried managed hostnames en domainprefix settings, but nothing helped..

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 10, 2011 @ 23:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Joel

How did you setup the redirect? Did you use umbracoRedirect to do it or did you do it in IIS or?

And what did you enter in manage hostnames in Umbraco? And what have you entered in IIS?

/Jan

• Joel 40 posts 62 karma points
    May 11, 2011 @ 09:40
    Joel

Hi Jan,

I using IIS to redirect the domain: ´www.site1.com´  redirects to -> ´~/site1´ 

Within Umbraco I entered ´www.site1.com´ als domain, but it didn´t changed anything. It was still giving me ´www.site1.com/site1/xxx´  as url in the menu and on other places.

I don´t have access to IIS as the site is hosted by an external company. But I saw the webmanager I´m using to create the redirects enters it´s values in a *.ini for the [ISAPI_Rewrite].

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft