Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin 17 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 16, 2009 @ 14:49
    Martin

Problem when selecting multiple "Related stylesheets" for TinyMCE

Hi

When I select a single related stylesheet for TinyMCE it works like it should and the styles in the stylesheet is applied to the editor.
    However, when I select multiple related stylesheets for the editor there is a problem. The styles are no longer applied. I have figured out why, but not how to fix it.

When I select a single related stylesheet, the tag where the stylesheet is included in the editor, looks like this:

[code]

[/code]

But when I select multiple related stylesheets it looks like this:

[code]

[/code]

It is quite obvious why it is not working, but why does Umbraco behave like this?
    In both cases the stylesheet properties from editor.css is included like they should in the style-selector in the editor, but the styling for the properties is not working.
    Is there some setting to tell Umbraco that it is multiple stylesheets I want to insert so it has to be done with multiple -tags? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks in advance.

M

Apr 20, 2009 @ 12:17
    Martin

No one?

Am I really the first one who has run into this problem? :-k

Apr 29, 2009 @ 09:18
    Martin

Have I accidentally checked the "Make thread invisible to all others" or can it really be true that no one else has run into the problem before me? :(

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    Apr 17, 2011 @ 14:02
    Lesley

Bump!

I need some help with this (similar) probelm too. I have a 4.7 site, which has been upgraded from 4.6 and was originally installed with various starter kits.

In the TinyMCE editor, I can see that my "editor stylesheet" is being declared in the Head before the stylesheets which are coming from these two css files

/umbraco_client/tinymce3/themes/umbraco/skins/umbraco/content.css /umbraco_client/tinymce3/plugins/spellchecker/css/content.css

The result is that the styles in content.css are overriding what I've defined in my editor stylesheet, most noticably the font-sizes.

Is this a bug or what can I do to tidy this up?

I think I could edit or remove the content.css but would rather things came out in the right order in the first place.

Lesley

• dub.survivor 58 posts 38 karma points
    Apr 28, 2011 @ 23:09
    dub.survivor

I have just upgrade to 4.7 too and have exactly the same problem as Lesley. The content.css style sheet is overriding my style sheets in the TinyMCE editor and making the fonts very small. Users are not happy. I know I can manually fix this up as Lesley says, but I don't want to have to do this every time I upgrade, so is there something I can do to automatically fix this up and not have to change anything within the umbraco folders which will be overwritten next time I upgrade.

This is not true WYSIWIG when the editing enviroment does not reflect what will be shown on the site, so seems like a bug to me.

Surprised there hasn't been more comment on this issue.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 28, 2011 @ 23:25
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Unfortunately, styling the RTE is quite a pain in the bottom. What I do is overrule things with !important and very specific selectors. Most stuff will work just fine, but sometimes you do get quirks like the small font issue.

Also, a word of warning, the styling is cached extremely well. So make sure to clear your browser cache really well and even restart your browser. Changes work fine most of the time in IE (after clearing the cache) but not so great in FF or Chrome.

• William Schwartz 16 posts 85 karma points
    Jul 10, 2011 @ 22:50
    William Schwartz

Just wanted to pile on and report the same problem with 4.7 (with only one related stylesheet for the Richtext editor).

Kind of a bummer really.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft