Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• radmanmm 117 posts 108 karma points
    Apr 21, 2009 @ 03:02
    radmanmm

IE and UL menu problem

Hello All,

I have a menu structure that works fine in FireFox but in IE the 3rd level of menu does not pop out. The structure is:

Main Menu
    ----Secondary
    --------3rd Level

the second pops down just fine but the third does not pop out to either side. I have pulled out the UL structure if that will help.

Anyone have experience with this (I know there are) would like to throw me some pointers.

Thanks.

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Apr 21, 2009 @ 08:41
    Warren Buckley

What do you mean byt this? Is this a CSS issue or an XSLT issue that the 3rd level is not being generated correctly?

Have you used the firefox addon Firebug to help you debug and see the actual HTML that is being outputted.
    [url]http://www.getfirebug.com[/url]

Warren

• radmanmm 117 posts 108 karma points
    Apr 22, 2009 @ 16:44
    radmanmm

I don't think it is an xslt issue because I am getting back a valid nested ul and li structure. It works in firefox so I am not sure what the xslt could be doing to cause this. Probably a css, not sure. Do I have to use behavior htc files with ie 6 and ie 7?

• tla 35 posts 71 karma points
    Sep 02, 2009 @ 14:55
    tla

You can use the firefox addon for IE as well (try googling Firebug Lite) - its not perfect, but it works. IE8 got built-in debugger I'm told (been lazy about upgrading), so that's another option.

If your not sure if its html or css problem, try to view the source on the page, locate the html and see if its there or not. I recently had a CSS issue with <li> elements acting up - untill I set a fixed width on the <li> content - that helped.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft