Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ulu Honolulu 32 posts 61 karma points
    May 17, 2011 @ 14:41
    Ulu Honolulu

Contact form?

Dear Community!

I'm trying to figure out what's happening with the Contact form. The UserControl says it's inherited from UmbracoShop.Controls.Contact. However, I cannot find this assembly in my bin -- any ideas?

Specifically, I don't receive what's entered in the Name and Company fields..

Thanks zillion times!

ulu

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 17, 2011 @ 21:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ulu

Ehm, what contact form are you referring too? Are you using a package or do you have made one yourself?

/Jan

May 18, 2011 @ 08:12
    Ulu Honolulu

Isn't there a built-in contact form? Then it must have come from a package. Must have been the Business site. However, when I look at the business site package zip, it doesn't contain any dlls.

May 18, 2011 @ 22:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ulu

nope, not built contact form. But perhaps as you say there has been one in one of the skins.

Are you 100% positive that the contact form comes from this skin? You don't have installed one of the many other contact form packages that exists perhaps? Try checking out what has been installed under the package folder in the developer section.

Did the error you mention just come out of nowhere?

/Jan

May 19, 2011 @ 08:37
    Ulu Honolulu

Well I browsed the "Installed packages" and only saw "Business site" and "u.media". I've been also using the blog that I have built from the source, but I just replaced the dll.

The error didn't come out, I just started testing it and discovered that the fields are missing.

May 19, 2011 @ 08:38
    Ulu Honolulu

The contact form user control is in the folder "RunwayContactForm". Does it help?

May 19, 2011 @ 08:45
    Ulu Honolulu

The full type name is UmbracoShop.Controls.Contact, App_Code.hxcitnnp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. So, the code is actually in the App_Code folder. Who would have thought?

May 19, 2011 @ 23:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ulu

Hmm, maybe runway is a part of one of the starter kits then. Must admit that I can't remember...but could seem like it.

Did you manage to solve your problem after figuring out that the code was in the App_Code folder?

/Jan

May 20, 2011 @ 18:27
    Ulu Honolulu

Yep, I just modified the code.

Can you really put the code in App_Code by installing a package?

May 24, 2011 @ 18:37
    Ulu Honolulu

How do I mark my own answer as the solution?

May 24, 2011 @ 23:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ulu

Yes I guess that's possible using a package action. Must admit I don't know exactly how this works yet.

You can't mark you own answer as the solution unfortunately. Maybe this is a feature that will be launched in version 3 of our? :-) (Many have been asking for it).

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft