Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bproven 9 posts 26 karma points
    May 04, 2009 @ 20:11
    bproven

Width of RTE In Live Edit (Canvas) mode

is there any way to adjust the width of the Rich text editor when in Canvas mode? Currently we have a 3 column area on our website and when you click an area (document type) defined as RTE on the page it expands its width to overlap to the other columns. This makes it hard to read when editing in Live Edit mode (see attached image).

The images below are small (so I could display in this thread) - i can link to higher res if needed.

Here it is as shown to the public (rendered as a webpage no Live edit):

Here is how it is displayed when in Live Edit mode (editing the content):

• bproven 9 posts 26 karma points
    May 16, 2009 @ 01:03
    bproven

OK - I'm pretty sure this is b/c umbraco only allows you to set the height and width of the RTE (tinyMCE) globally for the entire site. I guess I could create multiple RTE datatypes and setup various RTE instances that can be used in areas taht require a specific hxw. Any thoughts?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    May 17, 2009 @ 12:12
    Dirk De Grave

Hi,

It think that's indeed best thing to do, create multiple instances of the rte and set width and height according to specs on the frontend.

Cheers,
    /Dirk

• Jon 10 posts 31 karma points
    Feb 24, 2010 @ 14:05
    Jon

I use (with good result) the following solution:

WIDTH - I use my CSS-template's width as the width-limiter (= 100% for the RTE, to fill the correct width)

Worth of notice
    HEIGHT -  I use a minimum-height and a calculated content-height = more content => more heigth with help from the following plugin:

http://www.springload.co.nz/love-the-web/tinymce-plugin-release-auto-resize/

//Hope this helps

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft