Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Guy MacArthur 8 posts 28 karma points
    May 21, 2011 @ 09:21
    Guy MacArthur

Public Access - Any ReturnUrl?

I've used Umbraco for awhile now, however, I've never used a node's Public Access feature till recently.

I've enabled it on a few nodes that require the member be logged in and it's redirecting to the login page I've assigned it properly.  What should I use for the return url though?  My login controls usually use a value with the key of ReturnUrl from either the querystring or a session value, but there doesn't seem to be any similar values in either of those spots.

I do see that the browser url has persisted from the previous page and there are a couple of values in the current context item dictionary that point there as well.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just as simple as doing a redirect to one of the properties in Request.Url?

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    May 23, 2011 @ 09:35
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

When you use the Public Access functionality you stay on the same page as you mentioned. Only a different page is rendered. So you could use one of the properties in Request.Url indeed.

Cheers,

Richard

• Guy MacArthur 8 posts 28 karma points
    May 24, 2011 @ 09:08
    Guy MacArthur

Thanks for that Richard.

Seems like the easiest way of handling it.  Simplicity for the win!

• Simon 692 posts 1068 karma points
    Oct 23, 2015 @ 13:06
    Simon

Hi Guys,

Once user will be redirected to the login page, how can notify user that he was redirected and not just going to to login page?

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft