Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott Reed 25 posts 69 karma points
    May 23, 2011 @ 15:23
    Scott Reed

Member locking and unlocking

Hi guys, I've tried to find information about this but having trouble. I have a section on the website I'm building that is locked down to authenticated members using the standard umbraco membership providor. I am using an asp.net login control for the login form and I need 2 things.

1. A member being locked out of a specific number of failed login attempts
    2. The ability to unlock them in the cms admin after.
    I have looked at the UmbracoMembershipProvider properties and imagined that using the umbracoLockPropertyTypeAlias and the umbracoFailedPasswordAttemptsPropertyTypeAlias provider setting would be around the way it's done.
    Can someone help explain exactly what is needed to be done and if I need to custom handle the login instead of allowing the login control to lock after x attempts.
    Thanks
  • Matt Nolan 45 posts 65 karma points
    Jan 06, 2012 @ 10:33
    Matt Nolan

Hi scott,

Did you have any luck with the second part?

Matt

• Scott Reed 25 posts 69 karma points
    Jan 06, 2012 @ 10:43
    Scott Reed

No but we did our own solution. In our solution we added a true/false property name active and a loginAttempts property as a label to the members properties. Then during the login code the loginAttempts was incremented if login failed and if it hit the threshold the active property was set to false. This was also checked on the login code to make sure people could login, this allowed admin users to reset any member in the CMS as well.

• Matt Nolan 45 posts 65 karma points
    Jan 06, 2012 @ 11:43
    Matt Nolan

Thanks Scott.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft