Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• saintwright 69 posts 77 karma points
    May 09, 2009 @ 03:48
    saintwright

Change the member display in V4

Hi - I would like to change how the members are displayed in the tree view within the members section.

I have the Member's login name as their email so - the email address is being display - I would like their Name (last, first) to be displayed instead.

Also in the Member property tab - you have

Name
    Created by
    Created
    Id
    Login
    Password
    Email

The name field is again displaying the username (therefore email) can I change this to display the name of the member?

thanks

S

• Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    May 09, 2009 @ 06:51
    Casey Neehouse

You could probably create your own Tree load methods for membership and simply replace the assembly and type in the DB. umbracoAppTree I think.

(Sorry - I haven't done much Tree modding.)

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    May 09, 2009 @ 15:38
    Dirk De Grave

Hi,

Casey's right...

If you'd like to change the tree structure, you'll have to build your own loadMembers class and register that instead of the existing one (Register = add/update entry in db)

For the member editing part, that's an aspx page (members/editMember.aspx), so part of the code could be reused... although it would be a great idea to create your own aspx page and set the reference from your loadMembers class, as is done in the existing loadMembers class

Have a look at the source code for loadMembers and editMember.aspx and you'll soon get the idea.

Good luck.

May 10, 2009 @ 09:24
    saintwright

Thanks - I have got the editmember.aspx - so can get on with that but I am not sure what you mean by:

If you'd like to change the tree structure, you'll have to build your own loadMembers class and register that instead of the existing one (Register = add/update entry in db)

Where is teh loadmember class? and what does Register = add/update entry in db - do I need to look at a certain table in the DB?

Sorry if these are obvious questions....

thanks so much for helping though.

S

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    May 10, 2009 @ 21:38
    Dirk De Grave

Hi,

After reading your post, I was thinking you'd like to change the way members are presented in the "Members" tree in the "Members" section. If this is not the case, then ignore my ramblings about loadMembers class etc...

If you do want to change that, then you'd need to implement your own 'tree building' method...

Does that clarify things?

Regards,
    /Dirk

May 10, 2009 @ 23:30
    saintwright

Yeah I think so I have had a look at the source so should get something working. thanks

• Petr Snobelt 923 posts 1535 karma points
    May 11, 2009 @ 10:27
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft