Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rachel 13 posts 43 karma points
    May 24, 2011 @ 23:10
    Rachel

Customizing a blog theme in blog4umbraco

I have done some customization of a blog theme. I notice that when I click on a year/month and view all the posts from that month that the theme reverts to the old template. I only have 4 templates listed in my Templates section:

• BlogMaster
    • Blog
    • BlogPost
    • Blogpost Textpage
    None of these apparently controls the year/month listing. Where would I find this template or how to change which template this particular content is using?
    Thank you.

• Samuel Hamer 44 posts 66 karma points
    May 25, 2011 @ 11:29
    Samuel Hamer

Have you looked to see what template it is using?

(click on the node in the content tree, go to the properties tab and see what it says in the template drop down)

From there I would look at the template, and then see what macros it is loading.  Hopefully the styling you are wanting to change is being done there.

• Rachel 13 posts 43 karma points
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 21:08
    Rachel

It's using the template "Blog." I have a custom templated created for this called "Blog-ND." In DocTypes under "Blog" I have ticked the box next to "Blog-ND" to be an allowed template for this DocType. However, when I go to the properties tab under the blog, I cannot select "Blog-ND" template, only "Blog" is available in the drop down menu.

Edit: I found it! The DocType that controls this is actually "DateFolder." Once I ticked the allowed templates for that DocType I was able to select the template for the year/folder under the blog.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft